quarta-feira, 23 de abril de 2014

Getting my visa in Brasilia! (1st Part)

I was really excited and looking forward to traveling to Brasilia to get my visa... And the time is now!
I left my city with a very sunny day and warm weather for a really fresh, rainy and considerably colder city of Brasilia, the well-planned capital of Brazil, which caused me a climate shock, subsequently a strong headache! Lol
I arrived in the evening and it was raining really hard with some lightnings, then we were forced to stay in the airplane until the weather be changed. After 20 minutes in it, we were conducted to the baggage claim area to get my stuff. I remained at the airport for more 20 minutes until my host uncle arrives! Finally, Brasilia!!!




He took me to get to know the administrative area of the city and all the political institutions such as the president's and vice's offices building, the diplomatic spot called "Itamaraty" and other tourist destinations. After going sightseeing a little bit, my host uncle took me for lunch at a very American restaurant which was really nice to get into the mood... I really appreciated that! We had some steaks with barbecue sause on it and some French fries! It was really good! Thanks, uncle!



Then we went home to get a recovery time before my first day of interview, but we didn't rest! I met my host cousins, Wesley and Lincoln. One of my truly amazing host cousin, Wesley, and I went to the market at 1:40 in the morning (there are 24/7 supermarkets and grocery stores all over Federal District) to get our breakfast before going to the CASV (Centro de Atendimento ao Solicitante de Visto). 
Wesley and I had a nice time, singing and talking about music throughout the day! We have very similar taste of music, we both are passionate about Soul Music and we spent our morning enjoy gospel songs and some international singers' singing such as Eli Soares, Daniela Araujo and Brian McKnight! He is a really, I said amazingly good singer! I was humiliated by him! Hahaha. I had so much fun, I said so much fun! Thanks, buddy! I wish I could spend more time with you!



Despite the fact I was very tired, I constantly woke up at night worried about the first part of my trip! CASV! 
Blessedly, my uncle and my cousin made me feel secure, confident, calm and protected. They treated like family!!
After sleeping for awhile, Wesley and I had a quick breakfast and he drove me there. When I got at the CASV, there was a line in which everybody who set their appointment to 10:30 was standing waiting and carrying their DS-160 and passport. I passed by security and metal detector then I was already called by an agent which confirmed my personal and my visa information. After it got checked, I had to go to some cabines because some agents were waiting for the visa applicants. I was called by one of them and I sat down. The lady asked if this was my first visa request/application and took a picture of me. Then I had my fingerprints taken, my passport received a sticker with a bar code and my DS-160 was stamped as "Home delivery" which means that after getting approved I'll receive my passport and visa at home by mail! It was really fast and surprisely "normal"! Hahaha. Then I need to go to the American Consulate in order to have my interview on my trip which is the scariest step for many people! I need to get there with 15 minutes in advance! Which is nice but it doesn't work for an anxious person such as myself! Let's see what happens! Everything I know is that every step of mine is under God's control!

After this moment we went for lunch at my host grandparents' apartment where I had the opportunity to talk about my blessed moment and hear some blessed experiences from them as well. We went to the mall, we bought some snacks and had them at home where I met my other host cousin, Jessyca, we went to the studio where my host father had some musical issues on his chorus' album to settle as I'm here writing this post and remembering the songs I sang with them once at my church. Now, I'm waiting for him to finish it up because we still have to get my baggage at my host cousins and aunt's place and finally  have a relaxing time! We need it so bad!



I'm happy to see all things God has done towards my well-being! I must confess that I'm kind of nervous about tomorrow morning at the consulate. I don't know what to expect, what to think... I just have to trust God and try to rest... Oh God! I've been experiencing so many things and God's promisses are so truly amazing! I'm really happy for it! He has put great people on my way and he has taken good care of me! #Happiness&AppreciationDefineMe!






Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário